The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) has received a Loan of USD 36.3 million from International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) for financing the Project for “Accelerating Inclusive Markets for Smallholders Project (AIMS)” called Project, IFAD Loan No. 20000001751, for the project costs including Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC), Private Sector (including beneficiaries and private businesses) Co-funding are estimated at USD 61.6 million. The project will have two components and be implemented over 6 years. The Financing Agreement was signed on 28 February 2017 and became effective on the same date. The Project Completion Date is 31 March 2023 and the Financing Closing Date is 30 September 2023.
The Project is comprised of two components:
- Component 1: Value Chains Development (VCs) – The objective of this component is to focus on brokering, facilitation, innovations development and capacity building support to inclusive growth initially of five higher value product value chains – covering food and non-food crops and livestock.
- Component 2: Component 2. Value Chain Financing – The objective of this component is to stimulate increased private investment into the priority VCs by farmers, MSMEs, agricultural cooperatives, agribusinesses, services providers and others, and by providing them better knowledge to take on their own investment decision
The objective of the Financial Investment Specialist/Analyst’s services part of the Component 2 team and is responsible for undertaking comprehensive analysis of all innovations recommended through the MSPs which are subsequently supported by MGs or loans under the project. Furthermore, s/he shall be in charge of preparing (commodity, equipment or investment) profiles on such investments for the benefit of PFIs and other potential investors. Both measures are indispensable ingredients for the long term sustainability of the initiatives started under the AIMS proj
Department of International Cooperation (DICO) is the Project Management Office (PMO) to recruit Financial Investment Specialist/Analyst that will be stationed in Department of Private Sector Development (DPSD)/Agricultural and Rural Development Bank (ARDB) and is expected to work on a full-time basis for the period of 12 months that can be extended based on satisfactory performance and availability of fund.
Qualifications to be quantitatively evaluated (scored):
- At least 10 years working experience in micro, rural and agricultural finance gathered in a deposit-taking financial institution, or in value chain development and value chain finance operations;
- Master’s level degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration;
- Familiarity with projects financed by the government and/or international financial institutions;
- Proficiency with standard MS software;
- Basic knowledge in statistics;
- Full proficiency in English in writing and in speaking.
Preferences given to:
- Excellent ties with the larger MFIs and commercial banks in Cambodia:
- Longer professional experience as manager of a project dealing with value chain finance, or as manager of a rural branch with a larger agricultural loan portfolio.
- Good knowledge of bilateral and international development organizations/ agencies and their regulations and procedures;
In submitting their expressions of interest, assistants are kindly requested to indicate the following reference: AIMS/C2/C/2020/2 Financial Investment Specialist/Analyst (Analyst). Interested assistants must provide their updated curriculum vitae, indicating personal and technical skills, academic qualifications, experience in similar assignments, and experience in Cambodia and/or other developing countries along with the names of at least three (3) referees with contact information (e-mail address, telephone or fax numbers). Expressions of Interest shall be submitted in hard copy followed by an electronic copy.
Interested assistants may obtain copies of the detailed Terms of Reference (in English) for the assignment by sending a request by Email or from the address below during office hours from 8:30 to 12:00am and from 2:00 to 5:30pm, Monday through Friday, except public holidays.
Expressions of interest must be submitted to the address below on or before May 28, 2020 (before 5:00pm).
The Department of International Cooperation (DICO)
PhumToeukThla, Russian Blvd., SangkatToeukThla,
Khan SenSok, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel/Fax No: (855) 023 866 064
Contract Person : Duong Vannarith (Mr.)