The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) has received a Loan of USD 36.3 million from International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) for financing the Project for “Accelerating Inclusive Markets for Smallholders Project (AIMS)” called Project, IFAD Loan No. 20000001751, for the project costs including Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC), Private Sector (including beneficiaries and private businesses) Co-funding are estimated at USD 61.6 million. The project will have two components and be implemented over 6 years. The Financing Agreement was signed on 28 February 2017 and became effective on the same date. The Project Completion Date is 31 March 2023 and the Financing Closing Date is 30 September 2023.
The Project is comprised of two components:
- Component 1: Value Chains Development (VCs) – The objective of this component is to focus on brokering, facilitation, innovations development and capacity building support to inclusive growth initially of five higher value product value chains – covering food and non-food crops and livestock.
- Component 2: Component 2. Value Chain Financing – The objective of this component is to stimulate increased private investment into the priority VCs by farmers, MSMEs, agricultural cooperatives, agribusinesses, services providers and others, and by providing them better knowledge to take on their own investment decision
The Value Chain Investment Specialist (the Consultant) will be responsible for implementation of the value chain development interventions in the respective Hub and to guide and coach Hub Staff to facilitate and support value chain actors in strengthening linkages, business planning, investment analysis and other areas that lead to improved performance of the value chain system.
Department of International Cooperation (DICO) is the Project Management Office (PMO) to recruit National Value Chain Investment that will be stationed in Ratanakiri province, Provincial Department of Commerce and is expected to work on a full-time basis for the period of 12 months that can be extended based on satisfactory performance and availability of fund.
Qualifications to be quantitatively evaluated (scored):
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Agribusiness Development, or relevant
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience on value chain development in particular agriculture value chains, preferably working experience with private sector
- Sound experience in business development, service provision and supply chain development;
- Experiences with management and market analysis, grant fund proposal/plan development, appraisal, monitoring and evaluation, and feasibility analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in building capacity of stakeholders and facilitation of multi-stakeholder consultation workshops and training.
- Experiences that demonstrate creativeness, innovativeness and entrepreneurial skills;
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Good interpersonal skills and capacity to work effectively as part of a team.
- Experience in agriculture value chains, public private partnership and service market development.
In submitting their expressions of interest, assistants are kindly requested to indicate the following reference: AIMS/C1/C/2020/62 National Value Chain Investment Based in Ratanakiri Province. Interested assistants must provide their updated curriculum vitae, indicating personal and technical skills, academic qualifications, experience in similar assignments, and experience in Cambodia and/or other developing countries along with the names of at least three (3) referees with contact information (e-mail address, telephone or fax numbers). Expressions of Interest shall be submitted in hard copy followed by an electronic copy.
Interested assistants may obtain copies of the detailed Terms of Reference (in English) for the assignment by sending a request by Email or from the address below during office hours from 8:30 to 12:00am and from 2:00 to 5:30pm, Monday through Friday, except public holidays.
Expressions of interest must be submitted to the address below on or before May 25, 2020 (before 5:00pm).
The Department of International Cooperation (DICO)
PhumToeukThla, Russian Blvd., SangkatToeukThla,
Khan SenSok, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel/Fax No: (855) 023 866 064
Contract Person : Duong Vannarith (Mr.)