Request for Expression Of Interest for
National Information and communications Technology support Specialist
- The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) has received a Loan of USD 36.3 million from International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) for financing the Project for “Accelerating Inclusive Markets for Smallholders Project (AIMS)” called Project, IFAD Loan No. 20000001751, for the project costs including Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC), Private Sector (including beneficiaries and private businesses) Co-funding are estimated at USD 61.6 million. The project will have two components and be implemented over 6 years. The Financing Agreement was signed on 28 February 2017 and became effective on the same date. The Project Completion Date is 31 March 2023 and the Financing Closing Date is 30 September 2023.
The Project is comprised of two components:
- Component 1: Value Chains Development (VCs) – The objective of this component is to focus on brokering, facilitation, innovations development and capacity building support to inclusive growth initially of five higher value product value chains – covering food and non-food crops and livestock.
- Component 2: Component 2. Value Chain Financing – The objective of this component is to stimulate increased private investment into the priority VCs by farmers, MSMEs, agricultural cooperatives, agribusinesses, services providers and others, and by providing them better knowledge to take on their own investment decision
- The National MIS Technical Support Specialist (NMISTSS) will work closely with the Project MIS Specialist (PMISS), who is currently on board, to ensure successful implementation of AIMS MIS as per requirements already documented and approved. The NMISTSS will therefore play a support role to the PMISS.
- Department of International Cooperation (DICO) is the Project Management Office (PMO) to recruit a National Information and Communication Technology Support Specialist that will be stationed at Department of International Cooperation (PMO), Ministry of Commerce and is expected to work on a full-time basis for the period of 12 months that can be extended based on satisfactory performance and availability of fund.
- Qualifications to be quantitatively evaluated (scored):
- At least Bachelor Degree of Information and Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- The Adviser should be a reputed professional with at least 5 years working experiences in maintaining and supporting information and communications technology system; experience related to agriculture, trade, or public financial management projects is advance.
- Strong ability to communicate and relate complex ideas in a way that can be absorbed by staff with little background in modern ICT.
- Previous project development working experiences in the design, conceptualization, implementing, monitoring, evaluation, and training / coaching on ICT and Information Management Systems related with business administration, agriculture and trade for either government institutions or private sectors.
- Familiarity with Android mobile phone applications for data entry.
- Strong communications and presentational skills in English supported by a strong ethical basis are essential in undertaking this assignment.
- In submitting their expressions of interest, consultants are kindly requested to indicate the following reference: Ref: AIMS/C1/C/2019/51. Interested consultants must provide their updated curriculum vitae, indicating personal and technical skills, academic qualifications, experience in similar assignments, and experience in Cambodia and/or other developing countries along with the names of at least three (3) referees with contact information (e-mail address, telephone or fax numbers). Expressions of Interest shall be submitted in hard copy followed by an electronic copy.
- Interested consultants may obtain copies of the detailed Terms of Reference (in English) for the assignment by sending a request by Email or from the address below during office hours from 8:30 to 12:00am and from 2:00 to 5:30pm, Monday through Friday, except public holidays.
- Expressions of interest must be submitted to the address below on or before February 03, 2019 (before 5:00pm).
The Department of International Cooperation (DICO)
PhumToeukThla, Russian Blvd., SangkatToeukThla,
Khan SenSok, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel/Fax No: (855) 023 866 064