Request for Expression Of Interest for
Senior Value Chain Development Specialist
- The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) has received a Loan of USD 36.3 million from International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) for financing the Project for “Accelerating Inclusive Markets for Smallholders Project (AIMS)” called Project, IFAD Loan No. 20000001751, for the project costs including Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC), Private Sector (including beneficiaries and private businesses) Co-funding are estimated at USD 61.6 million. The project will have two components and be implemented over 6 years. The Financing Agreement was signed on 28 February 2017 and became effective on the same date. The Project Completion Date is 31 March 2023 and the Financing Closing Date is 30 September 2023.
The Project is comprised of two components:
- Component 1: Value Chains Development (VCD). The objective of this component is to focus on brokering, facilitation, innovations development and capacity building support to inclusive growth initially of five higher value product value chains – covering food and non-food crops and livestock.
- Component 2: Component 2. Value Chain Financing. The objective of this component is to stimulate increased private investment into the priority VCs by farmers, MSMEs, agricultural cooperatives, agribusinesses, services providers and others, and by providing them better knowledge to take on their own investment decision.
- The Senior Value Chain Development Specialist (the Consultant) will assist the Project Team Leader and Other Senior VC specialists in the overall technical leadership in planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities under Component 1 and ensure effective coordination, management and capacity building of project staff for effective planning and timely implementation of activities within the project. The Consultant is also responsible for the professional development and coaching of the project team such that they can run all project activities without external support by MTR. The Consultant will also act as an advisor to the Project Director in the overall direction of the project.
- The Consultant will report to the Project Director and work under supervision of Project Manager for Value Chain Development. The Consultant shall work closely with all project teams, by providing advice and consultation, to ensure effective project implementation and achievement of project outcomes. The Consultant will be stationed at the Department of Private Sector Development and is expected to work on a full-time basis for the period 12 months that can be extended based on satisfactory performance and availability of fund.
- Qualifications to be quantitatively evaluated (scored):
- At least 10 years work experience in the development sectors and/or private sector, of which at least 7 years of experience in promotion of value chain and private sector development with demonstrable evidence of the results achieved
- At least Master Degree in Business Administration, Agribusiness Development, or equivalent and other related fields.
- Knowledge and experience in building capacity of stakeholders through advisory skills and facilitate multi-stakeholder consultation processes, value chain upgrading workshops and training.
- Experiences with matching grant fund proposal/plan development, appraisal, monitoring and evaluation, and feasibility analysis.
- Experiences that demonstrate creativeness, innovativeness and entrepreneurial skills;
- Possesses high quality attributes on leadership, facilitations and coaching.
- Good spoken and written in English.
- Proven skills in staff and budget management, networking and external communication.
- Good interpersonal skills and capacity to work effectively as part of a team.
- Preferences given to:
- Experience in agriculture value chains, public private partnership and service market development
Second consultant: Strategic Partnership (SP)
- Explore SP at national level;
- Screen the proposals submitted to PMO;
- Liaise with AIMS Strategic Partners;
- Monitor the implementation of the Strategic Partner under the Result-based management;
- KMC under AIMS and others sources Identification and dissemination (Innovations);
- Guidelines development under the Team Leader.
- Develop the results chain for each value chain and advice on early indications and implications for inclusion objectives.
- Take responsibility for developing a results chain and exploring intervention strategies for the ‘pilot’ value chains in the design, as well as local VCs that emerge from Regional Hubs.
- Facilitate communication between Regional Hubs on inclusion and social mobilization.
- Provide guidance on the procedures, phasing and sequencing of matching grants across Hubs to ensure that these enable sufficient time for replication, lesson learning and inclusion.
- Lead an induction workshop with key project management staff to support the development of a corporate approach to inclusive market development and the integration of the VC and Social Mobilization Teams.
- In submitting their expressions of interest, consultants are kindly requested to indicate the following reference: Ref. AIMS/C1/C/2019/37. Interested consultants must provide their updated curriculum vitae, indicating personal and technical skills, academic qualifications, experience in similar assignments, and experience in Cambodia and/or other developing countries along with the names of at least three (3) referees with contact information (e-mail address, telephone or fax numbers). Expressions of Interest shall be submitted in hard copy followed by an electronic copy.
- Interested consultants may obtain copies of the detailed Terms of Reference (in English) for the assignment by sending a request by Email or from the address below during office hours from 8:30 to 12:00am and from 2:00 to 5:30pm, Monday through Friday, except public holidays.
- Expressions of interest must be submitted to the address below on or before February 03, 2019 (before 5:00pm).
The Department of International Cooperation (DICO)
PhumToeukThla, Russian Blvd., SangkatToeukThla,
Khan SenSok, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel/Fax No: (855) 023 866 064