Amru Rice Cambodia Co Ltd was registered in Ministry of Commerce in 2011 followed by gradual vertical integration by setting up the rice value chain, especially organic rice and food processing facilities working its way upstream into contract farming in specific provinces. Our business model is no-one-left behind, inclusively for the poor and indigenous people living on the mountainous and upper land. Our growing manufacturing facilities have been bestowed with industry certification such as ISO 22000, HACCP, GMP, and BRC. Amru has diversified to other crops such as black paper, cassava, cashew nut, etc. Amru is ethical and responsible working toward the SDG2030. We are certified organic standard, GAP, Fair Trade, and BSCI. Amru Rice’s business is also conducted with strong ethics by embracing its CSR concept and working closely with various Agriculture Cooperatives throughout the country in carefully crafted contract farming format to also improve livelihood of our farmers along the supply chain. The company has also strived tirelessly to diversify into niche market segments to capture more value add and enhance corporate margins.
Over 200 employees and 10,000 farmers family strong work force keeps expanding through constant on-the-job training as our activities grow throughout the provinces where we operate, directly supporting the cooperative institutions and farmer organizations in partnership with public and non-profit organizations.
Amru Rice is service provider sing Letter of Agreement (LoA) with Accelerating Inclusive Markets for Smallholders (AIMS) Project. Scope of works are:
- 16,000 rice farmers increased knowledge in commercial seed selection through seed selection introduction session made by the selected consultancy firm.
- Rice farmers and value chain actors have increased knowledge and skills in disease and pest control and post-harvest management through
- 500 rice field demos implemented
- 500 field days organized.
- Rice farmers, seed producers and rice traders are linked through 16 business matching events organized by the selected consulting firm (Amru) and resulted in 400 buy and sale contracts.
- Field visits for 1,500 producer group leaders (3 leaders per PO).
- 75% of the rice farmers adopted the rice production techniques and post-harvest management technology.
- Coordination and collaborative mechanism are established among key partners to share information, expertise, experience and lessons learned on the rice sector development in Cambodia.
- Land leveling, correct use of fertilizers, use of better seed, better transplanting methods, post-harvest management, properly use of pesticides (3 out of the 6 being adopted)